Food & Drink
2 breakfast vouchers for Saturday and Sunday morning are included in hotel rate of $125 (Friday and Saturday nights only). Sunday night’s rate will be $99, and does not include breakfast on Monday morning.
A special breakfast buffet will be offered for MTR participants. Reservations for this breakfast are made with the hotel directly at the time of making your room reservations. The hotel is offering a rate of $99/night without breakfast and $125/night, which will include 2 breakfast vouchers.
Breakfast will be served in a banquet room from 6:30 AM – 9:00 AM on the Saturday and Sunday mornings of the rally, and will include scrambled eggs, french toast, assorted pastries, sliced fresh fruit/berry display, juice (orange, cranberry), and bacon and sausage links.
It is strongly recommended that you take advantage of this special breakfast offering to be assured of faster service in time for the mass start at 9:00 AM on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
Hotel restaurant has limited seating for a large group, does not open until 7:00 AM, and may not be able to accommodate the size of our group prior to 9:00 AM mass start on Saturday and Sunday.
A boxed lunch on Saturday and Sunday is included with your registration. Special requests for gluten free, dairy free and vegan will be accommodated if requested at time of registration.
All lunch and banquet food will be provided by the Delta Marriott – Racine. Lunch selections will include chips, fresh fruit, cookie and soda/water, in addition to one of the following menu options selected at time of registration.
- Turkey Sandwich – Sliced turkey and American Cheese on deli roll with condiment packets on side
- Roast Beef Sandwich – Sliced Roast Beef and Cheddar Cheese on deli roll with condiment packets on the side
- Veggie Wrap – Assorted fresh vegetables wrapped in a flour tortilla with condiment packets on the side
Sunday Evening Cocktail Hour & Banquet – $35
An optional banquet will be held on Sunday evening. Dinner will include home baked rolls with butter, garden salad, chef’s choice of fresh vegetable, cheesecake for dessert, and beverage choice (coffee, tea or milk), in addition to one entrée selected from the menu options below at time of registration. Special dietary requests for gluten free, dairy free and vegan will be accommodated if requested at time of registration.
A social hour in the courtyard (weather permitting) with cash bar will be available one hour before the banquet.
- Delta Chicken – Chicken breast stuffed with spinach, mushroom duxelle, breaded prosciutto and pan fried to a golden perfection.
- New York Strip – Seasoned and grilled 8 oz. New York Strip steak topped with peppercorn cognac cream sauce. Steak will be grilled to Medium – Medium Well.
- Bronzed Salmon – Pan seared salmon topped with a maple butterscotch sauce.
- Vegetable Lasagna – Slow roasted lasagna layered with vegetables and roasted to perfection.
- We suggest keeping your bike in or on your vehicle. Hotel lot is free and immediately adjacent to the hotel.
- Bicycles may be stored in your room at the host hotel, if you have a room on the first floor. Tandems will not fit in the elevators for rooms on second or third floor. You are responsible for any damage caused by storing your bike in the room.
- We will have a storage room available for oversized bikes. This room will be locked during the overnight hours, but will be open and unsecured during the day. You must reserve your spot in advance when registering for the event as well as provide your own stand. Bicycles cannot be leaned against the walls.
The 2020 Midwest Tandem Rally is hosted by Couples On Wheels (COWs) Tandem Club of Wisconsin.
Learn more about our club and our rides at www.couplesonwheels.com.